Sustainable Agriculture Institute
The Executive Committee advises the Chair and President and CEO on matters pertaining to the Board’s business and staff operations. Between meetings of the Board, the Executive Committee may act on behalf of the entire Board if the full Board’s participation is not feasible or warranted.
The Executive Committee is composed of the Chair, Vice Chair-Chair Elect, Immediate Past Chair, President and CEO, Secretary-Treasurer and up to three additional Board members appointed by the Vice Chair-Chair Elect (who shall preside as Board Chair during the year for which the appointments are made) to serve for one year commencing July 1. Executive Committee meetings are held as needed and called by the Chair, and may meet in person. Meetings are normally held immediately preceding or following a Board meeting.
1. The Vice Chair-Chair Elect (who shall preside as Board Chair during the year for which the appointments are made) will appoint members to the Executive Committee no later than July 1 of the year of service.
2. For the most part, the Executive Committee’s role is advisory to the Chair and President and CEO. The Executive Committee usually acts on behalf of the full Board only in rare instances when action is required or when a meeting of the full Board is not warranted or feasible.
3. Meetings of the Executive Committee are led by the Chair. In the absence of the Chair, the Vice Chair-Chair Elect will preside. In the absence of both, the Immediate Past Chair will lead the meeting.
4. A quorum is four members, in person or by electronic means.
5. Meetings are relatively informal but Robert’s Rules of Order and parliamentary procedure guide formal actions.
6. Meeting agenda will include discussion of key aspects of the Board’s agenda and other areas of interest as proposed by the Chair or President and CEO.
7. Executive Committee members may propose agenda items by notifying the Chair at least 30 days prior to the meeting.