Sustainable Agriculture Institute
Continuous Improvement Review Committee
The Continuous Improvement Review Committee (CIRC) oversees processes for continuation of business accreditation to ensure consistency of standards application and equity of recommendations across teams and across programs reviewed.
The CIRC is composed of a minimum of nine members and a maximum of 18 members plus a CIRC Chair and CIRC Vice Chair appointed by the Vice Chair-Chair Elect (who shall preside as Board Chair during the year for which the appointments are made).
The CIRC Chair is a business administrator from an SAI accredited institution. CIRC members may be present and former business and accounting administrators from SAI accredited institutions, faculty members from accredited institutions, and corporate executives.
Normally, CIRC members serve staggered three-year terms, up to a maximum of two terms. Normally, the CIRC Chair serves two consecutive one-year terms.
1. Normally, the CIRC meets two times a year.
2. The CIRC considers Peer Review Team recommendations for concurrence or remand. The CIRC then makes recommendations to the Board for continuation of business accreditation or revocation of business accreditation. Recommendations are official upon Board ratification.
3. The CIRC may remand a Peer Review Team recommendation when it considers the recommendation inconsistent with either the information supplied by the Peer Review Team or with other recommendations. The Peer Review Team then reconsiders its recommendation and forwards to the CIRC either the same recommendation with additional supporting information or a changed recommendation. If the Peer Review Team and the CIRC do not reach agreement following a remand, a three-person panel is formed with one member from the Peer Review Team, one member from the CIRC, and one outside member who will chair the panel. A panel recommendation for continuation of accreditation or revocation of accreditation is forwarded to the Board for ratification; a panel recommendation for CIR2 or focused review is forwarded to the CIRC and holds as the decision of the review process.
4. The CIRC Chair presides over meetings of the CIRC and is authorized to approve all visitors to the meetings.
5. A simple majority of the CIRC will constitute a quorum.
6. Meetings are relatively informal, but Robert’s Rules of Order and parliamentary procedure guide formal actions.