Articles and Bylaws Committee
The Articles and Bylaws Committee prepares recommendations for changes in the Articles of Incorporation and/or Bylaws for consideration by the Board.
The Articles and Bylaws Committee is composed of three members of SAI. One member will be a representative of the Accreditation Council; one member will be from an educational institution that is not a member of the Accreditation Council; and one will be an at-large member. Committee members may serve for a maximum of three, one-year terms, which may run consecutively. One member shall be designated as Committee Chair by the Vice Chair-Chair Elect (who shall preside as Board Chair during the year for which the appointments are made).
1. The Vice Chair-Chair Elect (who shall preside as Board Chair during the year for which the appointments are made) will appoint members to the Articles and Bylaws Committee no later than July 1 of the year of service.
2. The Articles and Bylaws Committee reviews and updates the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws and recommends changes to the Board.
3. One or more meetings of the Articles and Bylaws Committee may be scheduled during each fiscal year by conference call or in person as needed to complete Committee business.
4. The Committee Chair presides over meetings of the Committee and is authorized to approve all visitors to the meetings.
5. A quorum requires two Committee members in attendance, in person or by electronic means.
6. Meetings are relatively informal, but Robert’s Rules of Order and parliamentary procedure guide formal actions.